If you’re using the ProtonMail app on your iOS device, you might have noticed that the email signature configuration is a bit hidden. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of changing your email signature in the official ProtonMail app for iOS.
Default Mobile Signature in ProtonMail:
By default, a mobile signature, referred to as a mobile footer in the Android app, is added to all emails you send from your iPhone or iPad. The default signature reads “Sent from ProtonMail mobile.” For users with a Free account, it’s not possible to edit or disable this mobile signature. However, you can create a regular customized signature that will be displayed in addition to the mobile signature.
How to Edit or Disable the Mobile Signature (for Paid Plans):
If you have a paid plan with ProtonMail, you can edit or delete your mobile signature by following these steps:
1. Open the ProtonMail app on your iOS device.
2. Navigate to the menu by tapping the ≡ icon, then go to More → Settings → Account settings.
3. Select your account name, then tap on Addresses, followed by Mobile signature.
4. Edit your mobile footer message or toggle the switch off to disable it.
5. Tap Save when you’re done.