Would you like to remove a song from your iPhone or iPad with iOS 10? You can delete music from the Music app in the latest iOS versions with a multi-step process, it’s a bit different from removing music in prior versions of iOS Music app however.
There are actually a few ways to delete music and songs from iOS 10 and iOS 11. We’ll show you two different ways to delete songs and music from iOS Music app on the iPhone and iPad, and also show you how to delete all music from the devices, as well as demonstrating deleting the actual Music app too.
How to Delete Songs from Music in iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad
Just want to delete a song or album from iOS? Here’s how:
- Open the Music app and go to your Library, and then choose the album or song you’d like to delete
- Tap the little red (…) button, it looks like three dots “…” and is located near the album art and track names
- From the popup menu, choose “Delete from Library” with the trash icon
- You will see a new popup screen asking to confirm “Delete Purchased Album”, this states by removing the music or album from the current device it will also be deleted from all of your other devices*
- Repeat with other songs or albums you’d like to delete from Music app
* You can restore deleted music to devices by going to your purchases section within iTunes
How to Delete Music in iOS 10 with Tap & Hold
Another method to delete a song in iOS 10 is with a tap and hold trick. You can also use this trick the same with 3D Touch if your iPhone has that feature:
- Open the Music app and locate the song you’d like to delete
- Tap and hold on the song you want to remove (or 3D Touch it)
- Choose “Remove” with the trash icon
- Confirm that you’d like to delete the song from your library by choosing Remove
Repeat with other songs if desired.
How can you delete ALL Music from iOS 10?
You can remove all music from your iPhone or iPad in iOS 10 or iOS 11 (and earlier too) easily and without opening the Music app at all. This is much faster than manually deleting songs and albums as shown above, as it deletes everything all at once:
- Open Settings app and go to “General” then to “Storage & Usage”
- Choose “Manage Storage” and choose “Music”
- Swipe left on ‘All Songs’ and choose the red “Delete” button to delete ALL music from the iPhone or iPad
Can I delete the Music app in iOS 10 or iOS 11?
Yes, you can also delete the entire Music app itself from an iPhone or iPad running a modern iOS version as well. Simply locate the icon on your Home Screen for Music app, then tap and hold and choose to remove the app.
Note that by deleting the Music app it won’t delete the songs contained within it, you’d want to do that separately.
Know of any other handy tricks or tips to manage and delete music in iOS? Let us know in the comments!